- This event has passed.
Professional Scrum with UX 2-Day Workshop (Scrum.org Certified) – Munich
January 16, 2020 @ 8:30 am - January 17, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$1,495.00 – $6,996.00
This is a 2-day, fast paced hands-on workshop for people who know something about Scrum, but want to understand how to integrate modern UX practices.
Design work sometimes feels slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with a cross functional team in class.
If you’re a Scrum Master or Product Owner: you already know the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. Come see how to integrate the UX speciality into that mix. Help your Dev team learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver Done Product each Sprint.
For people who know UX, you’ll learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing your work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Sometimes, working in agile contexts feels painful: it can feel technology or process-centric, not user-centric. Learn how to lead your cross-functional team in discovery work and align your team’s work around learning and delivering value to your users.
For everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
What you will learn:
- Students will learn some Lean UX techniques as described in the book, Lean UX, and how to work most effectively with Scrum Teams.
- In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer’s eyes with Scrum Teams while maintaining Scrum practice intact.
- How do you reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the definition of done, backlog prioritization and delivering done increments every sprint
- Design work often extends beyond one sprint, you will learn how to handle this type of work in a Scrum-compliant way
- Who does the UX work? Just designers? Someone else?
- What is dual-track agile and how does it work in practice?
The purpose of this class is to bring together UX, design and the Scrum process in a unified way that doesn’t relegate designers to part-time members of the team but rather full time, collaborative partners.
This is a certified course from Scrum.org and each student will have to opportunity to gain their certification after the course is completed.
This is a certified course from Scrum.org. All students receive an attempt at the PSU I assessment and certification.