- This event has passed.
Live Online Class: Product Discovery for Agile Teams – November 2019
November 12, 2019 - December 4, 2019€1190
This event is SOLD OUT however a new cohort is now open and available in January 2020.
Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden have teamed up to create this brand new, hands-on, highly-interactive live online course. Class size is strictly limited to ensure high levels of attention for each student.
This course was specifically designed for those of you who cannot travel to a workshop or commit a full day or two of your time away from the office or home to attend a training.
We have taken the learnings we’ve developed from years of in-person teaching, training and client work and have broken them out into this 4-week course on Product Discovery for Agile Teams. We designed the course to introduce you to the concepts of product discovery, how they work within an Agile process and to get you to practice these techniques with your distributed team.
How will it work?
- There will be one weekly session
- The course runs four weeks
- Start date for this cohort is November 12, 2019
- Subsequent sessions will be on November 19, 26 and December 4 (note, this is a WEDNESDAY).
- Each session will start at 12:00PM Eastern / 17:00 GMT / 18:00 CET / 21:30 IST (India)
- Each session will run 3 hours
- We will be using Zoom as our primary tool with exercises taking place within Zoom and also in other tools like Mural, Google Docs, Miro, et al
- Each cohort will be divided into working groups
- Each working group will have an assignment to complete between sessions
- Jeff and Josh will deliver the content together, live via Zoom during each of the weekly sessions
- Jeff and Josh will be available to each cohort via a Slack channel dedicated to the course and cohort during the 4-week course and beyond for an additional 3 months
- To participate successfully you will need a computer with a webcam, microphone, headphones and good internet connection
This course was designed for user experience (UX) designers, product managers, product owners, project managers and engineering leads interested in building a more customer-centric, evidence-driven agile product development process.
What will I learn?
- What is product discovery and how does it help my team design and build better products
- What is Lean UX and how to use it to improve your team’s agility
- How to frame work as a business problem
- How to use the Lean UX canvas to declare assumptions about your team’s work
- How to set good outcomes (OKRs) for your work
- How to build believable proto-personas and what to do with them
- How to write good, testable hypotheses
- How to design your first MVP
- How to build an experimentation and learning plan
- How to synthesize the findings of your experiment and determine next steps
- How to blend Lean Startup, Agile and Design Thinking
- How to run a successful dual-track scrum process
- Tools and techniques to make agile, design thinking and Lean UX work with remote and distributed teams
What do I get besides the class?
Every student, in addition to participating in the course live online with Josh and Jeff, will also get:
- All the slides presented throughout the course
- Access to all the templates, examples and guides used during the course
- A dedicated Slack channel for your class cohort to discuss course assignments during class and maintain beyond class. Josh and Jeff will join this channel.
- Email access to Jeff and Josh throughout the course
- Digital copies of Jeff’s book, Lean vs Agile vs Design Thinking and Josh’s book, Outcomes over Output
- All the benefits of learning from the comfort of your own home without airport hassles, travel time away from family and work and a reduced cost 🙂
Who is teaching this course?
The instructors for this course are Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden. Josh and Jeff are the co-authors of the award-winning book Lean UX and the Harvard Business Review Press book, Sense & Respond. Both Josh and Jeff are veteran designers, product managers and team leaders with a combined 45 years of experience between them building successful products, agile teams and organizations.
Still have questions? We’d love to hear them. Just ask. You can also leave a comment on this event and we will answer it publicly.