Jeff Patton & Jeff Gothelf Present: Combining OKRs and User Story Mapping
December 5 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Over 500 people signed up the last 2 times we ran this webinar. Don’t miss out on joining us for this one!
OKRs and Story Mapping are everyday tools for product development. But, did you know how they work together? In this 2-Hour workshop Jeff Gothelf and Jeff Patton will walk you through creating good OKRs and moving from OKRs to solutions and Story Mapping those solutions. You’ll see how good OKRs both help you identify those solutions and sharpen your strategies for incrementally releasing them to market.
New to OKRs?
OKRs, Objectives and Key Results, are a simple approach to communicate the outcomes and business impact you’d like teams to focus on. OKRs allow the team to take responsibility for identifying solutions and really taking responsibility for their success. You’ll learn the essentials of identifying and writing good OKRs in this workshop.
New to Story Maps?
Story maps are a simple way to describe and decompose a feature idea by simply telling the story of how you imagine users will use it. A story map helps teams decompose feature ideas into smaller buildable parts, and best choose the subset of parts that will result in a successful product release. You’ll learn the essentials of building and using story maps in this workshop.
Here’s what will happen:
Using storytelling and examples Gothelf and Patton walk you through:
- Understanding OKRs and why you should use them
- Understanding story mapping and how to build them with your team
- Using an OKR to focus teams on a business problem
- How teams use that OKR to focus on customer problems to solve
- Using a customer-centric OKR to identify possible solutions
- Using story maps to break down specific solution ideas into buildable parts
- Using story maps to identify small successful releases focused on an OKR
- Refining OKRs into focused release-centric OKRs
What you’ll get:
- 2 hours of information and entertainment
- Handouts and quick-reference guides to help you practice what you’ve learned
- Access to the recording of the workshop so you can rewatch it later
- A 1-hour follow up ask-me-anything session to ask specific questions after you’ve had time to apply what you’ve learned
Jeff Patton helps companies adopt a way of working that’s focused on building great products, not just building stuff faster. Jeff blends a mixture of Agile thinking, Lean and Lean Startup Thinking, and UX Design and Design Thinking to end up with a holistic product-centric way of working. Jeff is author of the bestselling O’Reilly book User Story Mapping which describes a simple holistic approach to using stories in Agile development without losing sight of the big picture. You can learn more about Jeff at:jpattonassociates.com.
Jeff Gothelf helps organizations build better products and executives build the cultures that build better products. He is the co-author of the award-winning book Lean UX (now in it’s 3rd edition) and the Harvard Business Review Press book Sense & Respond.
Starting off as a software designer, Jeff now works as a coach, consultant and keynote speaker helping companies bridge the gaps between business agility, digital transformation, product management and human-centred design. More about Jeff Gothelf at jeffgothelf.com.