Jeff Gothelf & Josh Seiden Present: Outcomes, OKRs and Lean UX – TOKYO
February 19, 2024
Learn Essential Product Management & Design Skills for the Agile World
Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden lead a full day of high-energy instruction to help you build your design and product management skills. This is a rare opportunity to learn from the authors of Lean UX, Sense & Respond, Lean vs. Agile vs. Design Thinking, Outcomes Over Output and their forthcoming book on OKRs, Who Does What By How Much.
A full day of hands-on Learning
Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden lead three days of high-energy instruction to help you build your design and product management skills. During this workshop, you will learn these powerful techniques to improve your product development process:
- How to use Outcomes to create meaningful value for your customers
- How to use OKRs to align your teams and your organization
- How use the Lean UX process to increase your team’s agility
Using a mix of short lectures, hands-on practice and group discussion, Jeff and Josh will teach you how to put these ideas into practice. Participants will walk away with a better sense of how these techniques manifest as day-to-day activities. Leaders will gain an understanding of what they can do to lead product development more effectively. Most importantly, this workshop will help teams implement customer-centered methods and show you how agile ideas and practices can be applied in any discipline.
Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden are best known as the authors of Lean UX. Their books on Design, Product Management and Agility have taught readers how to be more collaborative, more aligned to strategy, more customer-centric, and more agile. Now, in response to growing demand, they will both be traveling together to Japan in 2024. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn from them in person.
Jeff helps organizations build better products and executives build the cultures that build better products. He is the co-author of the award-winning book Lean UX (now in it’s 3rd edition) and the Harvard Business Review Press book Sense & Respond.
Starting off as a software designer, Jeff now works as a coach, consultant and keynote speaker helping companies bridge the gaps between business agility, digital transformation, product management and human-centred design.
Josh Seiden wrote the book (literally!) on Outcomes. His book Outcomes Over Output has over 600 5-star reviews on Amazon. Josh is a highly regarded trainer whose classes consistently generate great feedback. Whether you’ve read his book or not, come join this fun, high-energy class to learn practical and grounded ways to make your team more effective.
Workshop Agenda / What You’ll Learn
Over the course of the workshop you’ll learn about Outcomes, OKRs, and Lean UX. Here’s a look at the agenda.
Outcomes & OKRS
- How to set strategic customer-centric goals and measure success objectively focusing on outcomes rather than just outputs or initiatives for clients
- What organizational impacts should we expect from OKR implementation?
- Topics include:
- Outcomes and OKRs: what’s the connection between the two ideas?
- What is an outcome?
- Why should you use them for product development, product management, and product design?
- How do you define Outcomes and how do you know which Outcomes are important?
- Why do Outcomes help you be more agile?
- What a good OKR looks like
- Writing OKR statements
- Planning work with OKRs & Outcomes – outcome-based roadmaps
- What happens after OKRs? Intro to product discovery
- Common pitfalls and traps when implementing this way of working
- How to structure parallel path product discovery and delivery processes
- How to make evidence-based, customer-centric prioritization decisions
- How to improve communication between designers, developers, product managers and executives
- How to build agile cross-functional collaboration in Scrum environments
- How to impress the value of good user experience design on the rest of the organization
- How to build a culture of learning and experimentation
- How to drive innovative efforts in your startup, high-growth company or enterprise
- How to leverage customers as the best source of information
- How to bring research, design, writing and engineering together in one continuous learning and delivery cycle
Who should attend:
- Product leaders
- UX Designers
- Agile coaches and delivery leads
- General Managers
- VP’s and Directors of Product
- VP’s and Directors of UX
- CTO’s and VP’s of Engineering
- The workshop will be a full day of live, in-person instruction.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Beverages throughout the day are included.
- Exact location will be shared in the coming weeks.